Sentrana is currently seeking a System Administrator to support DevOps software development team. Your role will be to work closely with Product Management and Software Engineering teams to design, implement and maintain infrastructure for new products as well as improvements for existing platforms. You will lead in designing, configuring and maintaining implementation of broad range of technologies to support product environments and business operations. You will also maintain relationships with vendors and service providers to include those for software licensing, hardware acquisition, colocation space, telephony and network connectivity. You need to ensure vendors deliver services according to service level agreements and serve as a point of contact for issue resolution.
As the Infrastructure Engineer, it is important that you will able to lead and advise the senior management on security and risk management practices as they relate to the application and business IT infrastructure. A focus on understanding IT challenges and identifying unique solutions to solve Sentrana’s challenges will be critical.
- Bachelors degree in the fields of computer science, information systems or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in systems administration, engineering and/or infrastructure management.
- Experience managing production workloads in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience maintaining and running local virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, HyperV, KVM) to host virtual machines on shared hardware.
- Database administration familiarity to include backup and restore methodologies, data loading and unloading, and permissions/security management.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize competing tasks and foresee upcoming needs, such as projects and maintenance.
- Basic networking knowledge to include troubleshooting of routing and firewall issues, as well as maintenance of load balancers and AWS networks.
Preferred knowledge areas
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies – S3, EC2, VPC subnets and security groups, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- VMware vCenter, ESXi and Veeam backups
- Database technologies – MySQL, Redshift, MongoDB
- Operating Systems – CentOS, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, Windows Server 2012
- Docker containerization
- Atlassian Bitbucket, Confluence and JIRA
- Active Directory
- Jenkins build management